This course is designed to meet the State of Michigan’s requirements for getting a Concealed Carry License (Concealed Pistol License or CPL/CCW). This course complies with section 5j of 1927 PA 372. As required this class is a minimum of 8 hours of classroom and range instruction covering the following topics:
- The safe storage, use, and handling of a pistol including, but not limited to, safe storage, use, and handling to protect child safety.
- Ammunition knowledge, and the fundamentals of pistol shooting.
- Pistol shooting positions.
- Firearms and the law, including civil liability issues and the use of deadly force.
- Avoiding criminal attack and controlling a violent confrontation.
- Laws that apply to carrying a concealed pistol in this state.
- Live fire at a local range
In addition to the required topics, the following topics are also included:
- Concealed Carry Choices (Type of firearm, choice of ammunition, pros and cons, etc.)
- Concealed Carry Methods (Types of holsters, location of holster, pros and cons, etc.)
- Simulation Range – Use a real firearm in a state of the art simulation environment to work on technique.
- Intro To Firearms – Perfect for people who are new to firearms and need additional instruction on safety, terminology, shooting fundamentals, etc.
The Format of this class will be the NRA’s Basics of Personal Protection in the home. The topics covered include:
- Introduction to Defensive Shooting
- Basic Defensive Pistol Skills
- Firearms and the Law
- Strategies for Home Safety and Responding to a Violent Confrontation
- Selecting a Pistol for Self Defense
- Sport Shooting Activities and Training Opportunities
- Course Review and Examination
Students will receive:
- NRA Book
- NRA Course Completion Certificate
|Item||Other Companies||Magic Firearms|
|Hidden Costs||Ammunition, Rental Charges, Targets, Range Fees, Some even require purchase of a holster.||None. All costs included.|
|Number of students||10 to 30||One. (Additional family members, spouses, etc. can be added for $50 each)|
|Amenities||Plastic or wood chairs, drinking fountain.||Couch, bottled water, snacks|
|Content Pace||Lowest common denominator. Pace will be mind numbingly slow to account for all in class.||We go at your speed.|
|Content||Basic State Requirements||Basic State Requirements + Content customized to you.|
|Firearms||Only used for qualification.||Hands on - during applicable sections like firearm safety and storage, you will be handling firearms.|
|Concealed Carry Choices||None.||We will cover the advantages and disadvantages of revolvers vs semi-autos, 380 vs 9mm, etc.|
|Concealed Cary Methods||None.||We will cover multiple methods of concealed carry. If you are a female, we will explore additional methods as appropriate.|
|Firearm Proficiency||You will take the required test at the Shooting range. If you don't pass, they may not care or they may sell you more ammo so you can keep trying.||A simulation environment will be used with a real firearm prior to the live range. You will know you can qualify, before taking the test. As a firearms instructor, I will help correct any issues.|
|Proficiency Test||Multiple people on firing line simultaneously. Any issues disrupt the whole process. One instructor.||One on one. Any issues can be addressed and that portion of the proficiency re-shot. Safety and performance will be monitored and immediately addressed.|
|Take Home Materials||Certificate||Certificate, Copy of Presentation, NRA Course Book|
For more information on our simulation environment: https://magic-firearms.com/what-is-simulation/